Managed WordPress Hosting Explained
Managed WordPress hosting is an optimized method that centers around increased security of the WordPress site as well as increasing the speed. This is a managed type of hosting which means that the main tasks such as daily backups, WordPress installation, WordPress core updates and administrative tasks are done for you. If you are looking for a host be sure to visit the best web hosting sites for small business 2018.
Some of the features of managed WordPress hosting include:
- Increasing the security via restricted file access
- Caching that is performance enhancing
- Performing WordPress core updates through the in-built functions
- Performing automatic backups on a daily basis
- Enhanced security through SSL
However, it is important to point out that even with the above enhancements, there are some limitations. These include:
- The back-end hosting lacks the standard control panel. This means that certain tools such as the system-level jobs are not available.
- This type of hosting is incompatible with WordPress Multi-site.
Clearly, managed WordPress hosting has its own share of pros and cons. It may there for not be ideal for everyone. To determine whether its something that could work for you, lets consider the following points.
Pros of Managed WordPress Hosting
- Since the servers are designed specifically for WordPress they are incredibly fast even while there is a lot of traffic on your website.
- There is enhanced security. You will not have to worry about your site being hacked with managed WordPress hosting. This security involves continuous scanning of the malware to block any attempts of hacking.
- You get to enjoy expert support. The staff involved in managed WordPress hosting is of a high caliber and will provide you with all the information and advice you need. Such includes avoiding the use of certain plugins that will slow down the performance as well as using those that are faster at problem solving.
- There is daily back up of information which is sent to restore points. When you need the information, you can easily access it and get it back.
- The updates are done automatically so you will not have to concern yourself with the task.
- Speeds mean that it doesn’t matter how much traffic there is, the website will experience no downtime.
Cons of Managed Website Hosting
- This type of hosting comes with a higher price tag as compared to other forms of website hosting.
- Since the servers are designed for only WordPress sites, you cannot run any other type of site.
- You have considerably less control with managed hosting.
We hope you learned a lot from our article. Our favorite host is the hosting company Siteground.